Skip to main content

Why Education

I became an educator to make a positive impact on the community. I strongly believe positive change happens through education. I am passionate about early childhood education and believe the joy of learning begins at a young age. It is critical that we as educators instill a love for literacy during the students first school experience.

I also have a passion for play based learning and believe our youngest students learn best through play and conversation with their peers.  Play infused with literacy learning sets students up for success and creates a joy for learning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Classroom Environment

Classroom environment plays an essential role in literacy learning. The classroom set up and design should facilitate literacy learning in the classroom. At the beginning of each school year I am intentional in my design and set up of my classroom. As the school year develops and I get to know my students the classroom is flexible and changes to meet the needs of my students. Areas that best support literacy learning: guided reading table library: books of all levels to meet student needs writing table: different materials and supplies to meet the needs of students  phonics table word wall technology table flexible seating arrangement  carpet area for whole group learning 

My favorite read aloud book